#Salma’s Blog #spirituality #spiritual writing #Reflective writing #meditation #ramadan2023, #“Resetting our Souls”
Ramadan Day 8 : Resetting our Soul
Al Azeez(the All- Mighty )
AL-AZIz ( The Mighty One)
* The Strong, The Most Esteemed, The Exalted in Might.
* Al-Aziz (in Arabic: ٱلْعَزِيزُ) is the one who is most powerful and strong.
* He is the conqueror that is never conquered and never harmed.
* This is because His strength, glory, and power are overwhelming, and cannot be overcome or resisted.
* He is the only one with complete mastery over all creation.
MENTIONS OF AL-AZIZ: �FROM QURAN & HADITH
* Arabic Root: From the root ayn-zay-zay (ع ز ز), which has the following classical Arabic connotations: to be mighty, potent, strong, powerful to be high, elevated, noble, exalted to be honorable, noble, glorious, illustrious to be indomitable, invincible to be respected, cherished, dear to be scarce, rare, precious, and unattainable.
* The word Azeez comes from izzat meaning honor and nobility.
* The word Al- Azeez appears approximately 90 times in the Qur’an.
* It’s often paired with another name, for example, Al-Aziz Al-Rahim, Al-Aziz Al-Hakeem, Al-Aziz Al-Ghaffar, or Al-Aziz Al-Wahhab.
* The pairing of names often conveys an additional layer, we learn something new about Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ that would often be overlooked if we just studied these names independently.
* For example, what does it mean to be Al-Aziz Al-Rahim? Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is in a position of power, He can subdue anyone who opposes Him.
* Yet to those who deny and to those who disbelieve, He is always merciful first because his mercy predominates My wrath
How can we benefit from knowing that Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Al-Aziz?
* We can supplicate using this name if we wish to be mighty.
* It’s natural to aspire for wealth, success, or prestige.
* It’s a noble cause, especially if the goal of attainment is using that wealth to further Islam and/or to help others.
* To be blinded in the pursuit of these things that you forget all your other duties is not virtuous and should be avoided.
* It’s a fine line that requires careful examination, honesty with oneself, and awareness.
* If you have hunger or burning desire for success, health, wealth, and prestige you should seek it from the true possessor of might, honor and rank.
How can we call upon Al Azeez (the All- Mighty )
Al Azeez (the All- Mighty )
* O Allah, Al Azeez, we know that all might belongs to You.
* Ya Allah, You are Al Azeez .Adorn us with the honour of Islaam, protect us from misusing our powers
* Ya Allah ! make us among those who rely upon Your power only, make us benefit from the Quran and protect us from all of those who want to overpower us, ameen!