Ramadan Day 7 Al Muhaymin
#Salma’s Blog #spirituality #spiritual writing #Reflective writing #meditation #ramadan2023, #“Resetting our Souls”
Ramadan Day 7 : Resetting our Soul
The Preserver of Safety & Overseeing Protector.
* Allah is Al Muhaymin (ٱلْمُهَيْمِنُ), meaning the one who ensures well being and protection over His creation.
* He is also the ever watchful. Nothing that can be hidden from Him, He is the knower of all the secrets we conceal.
MENTIONS OF AL-MUHAYMIN: �FROM QURAN & HADITH
* Arabic Root:From the root ha-mim-nun (ه م ن), which has the following classical Arabic connotations: to watch over, oversee, protect, guard to be a witness to offer security and peace to determine what is true, to extend a wing. Similar to the Arabic expression, ‘haymana al-ta’ir alafirdkhih’ meaning that the bird took its young ones under the protection of its wings.
* A sense of ownership/authority:�The word هيمنة (transliteration: haymana) in modern Arabic means dominance. One country can seize another, being in control or showing authority over that state. But this is often transitory, exchanging hands from one “owner” to another. Only Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Al-Muhaymin, the one who has complete guardianship, a quality of being in control, supremely that lasts for eternity. It is not limited by any means.
* But this is one form of dominance. Muhaymin also refers to an authoritative figure who reigns supreme, one that you can trust. This is analogous to a parent who out of love for their child will set rules and boundaries to protect and care for the child. It’s often done in the best interest despite the kid thinking otherwise.
�How do we benefit from knowing that Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Al-Muhaymin?
* Just as Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is the overseer of all His creation, we need to be watchful over ourselves.
* Many people do not know themselves – they think they are their thoughts. We can let horrible or negative thoughts come to mind, but we don’t have to identify with them. We can let it come and pass, just like how a river flows.
* Identification, thinking you are your thoughts, is like a beaver building a dam in the river. This only ends up damaging the surrounding environment.
* Similarly, identification can be destructive, leading to either a depressive state or causing one to become arrogant or narcissistic.
* Instead, it is better to try and be indifferent. Take time to observe and watch your thoughts come and go.
* Ask where and why they may have arisen. Analyze their depths, and you may uncover secrets about yourself hiding in your psyche.
* Imam Ghazali recognizes this watching as a crucial step in reforming oneself, allowing one to become a guardian over his or her heart.
* Only selectively choosing thoughts that are constructive and letting everything else go.
* Another way in which one can try to characterize themselves by this name is to be observant of those around you.
* People in passing will reveal certain pains and troubles.
* If you are watchful, you can exhibit a Prophetic tradition of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ which was to care for the needs of those around him.
* In this sense, you are a guardian, being watchful and showing care and compassion to those around you.
How to call upon Al Muhaymin (the Guardian,the Overseer )
* O Allah, Al-Muhaymin, we know that You are the One who ensures our well-being.
* Ya Allah, You are Al Muhaymin . Make us mindful of You in everything we do and aid us in accepting and being content with Your decree in good and bad times.
* Ya Allah! Make the Quran our close companion and a witness for us, protect and cure our hearts from its diseases, and protect us at all times, against others and ourselves,
* in this life and in the Hereafter, ameen