Dear Readers, since Salma Haya spiritual writing about Ramadan is enlightening our life, everyday Iqra News will be uploading her blog. You may like her Facebook account SALMA HAYA for more quotes.
#Salma’s Blog #spirituality #spiritual writing #Reflective writing #meditation #ramadan2023, #“Resetting our Souls”
Ramadan Day 6 : Resetting our Soul
The Affirmer of Truth, The Guarantor, The Giver of Faith.
The name of Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ as Al-Mu’min (in Arabic: ٱلْمُؤْمِنُ) means The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He is the one who sent down Messengers and revealed His Books as clear proofs.
* From the root hamza-mim-nun (أ م ن), which has the following classical Arabic connotations: to be secure, safe, free from fear to be quiet, tranquil to grant protection, safeguard to be trusted, trustworthy to believe in.
Meanings of Al-Mu’min:
* Each name we explore and study unlocks a door to further our relationship with Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ.
* As we grow more acquainted with His essence, we can feel our relationship with Him transform and become more secure.
* The sixth name of Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Al-Mu’min which is the quality that has enabled the hearts to experience this feeling and brought us together.
* Al-Mu’min is the inspirer of faith and the giver of security.
* He’s the one who’s sent down His book and Messengers with signs of clear proof for all who’d listen.
* Some of Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ names can have many meanings or interpretations. Al-Mu’min is one of those names
* He is the one who provides justice and security to His creations.
* He fulfills all His promises and will never punish any creature unfairly.
* He is as His servant expects Him to be
* The Qur’an repeatedly mentions the believer as mu’min, so how do we then ascribe this name as an attribute of Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ?
* First, the context is completely different; what’s true for one does not mean it’s true for the other.
* In reality, there is no comparison with Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ with anything. Mumin is derived from amana or imaan, meaning security, surety, and/or peace.
* When it refers to the believer, it means the one who attests to what is true (i.e., the six articles of faith – (1) Belief in God, (2) Angels, (3) Books, (4) Messengers, (5) Day of Judgment, and (6) His Divine Decree).
* When it applies to Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ, it is the one who confirms Himself as being true.
* So the one who believes is said to have security, safety, and protection from potential danger.
* We can benefit from knowing Al-Mu’min by having faith and trusting in Allah.
* Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ tells us in the Qur’an His rewards and promises for those who believe.
* We should feel special, immense gratitude, and honor that Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ put belief in our hearts.
* Just as Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is the source for safety and security, we should live this attribute by being a beacon for safety and security for others. The people should feel a blanket of comfort, warmth, and love that radiates from you.
* Al-Mumin also protects us from injustice and oppression, so we must also stand up for what is right. If we see injustice, we should not remain silent. In whatever capacity we can help and try to make a difference, we should.
* This name, Al-Mu’min, can be invoked in any prayer. Still, it should be kept in mind by anyone experiencing fear or insecurity as a reminder to call upon Allah for protection.
Examples of how we can call upon Al Mu’min:
Al Mu’min (the giver of Eeman and safety)
O Allah, Al-Mu’min, we know that You are the Source of Faith and Giver of safety.
* Oh Allah! You are Al-Mu’min, protect us from this evil / enemy / oppressor. Give us the strength to be strong in our faith and let it not waver.”
* Ya Allah,You are all Mu’min.Bless us with strong emaan, lead us in taking care of our trusts and fulflling our promises, and adorn us with all the characteristics of Your beloved believers.
* Ya Allah ! Grant us steadfastness and safety in this world and the Hereafter, and make us of those who enjoy the ultimate safety of Paradise, ameen!