Day 17: Razzaaq ,The Provider
#Salma’s Blog #spirituality #spiritual writing #Reflective writing #meditation #ramadan2023, #“Resetting our Souls”
Ramadan Day 17: Resetting our Soul
(The Total Provider)
The Provider, The Sustainer. The one who creates sustenance for all His creations.
* Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Ar-Razzaq (in Arabic: ٱلْرَّزَّاقُ) The Provider, The Sustainer for all His creatures.
* He is The One who creates all means of nourishment and gives them their livelihood.
* He is the provider of growth for all things good for the body, the soul, and the mind.
1. From the root ra-zay-qaf (ر ز ق), which has the following classical Arabic connotations: to receive something beneficial, especially as a gift to be provided with the necessities of life, to receive a portion, share or lot, to be supplied with a means of subsistence.
2. The difference between Ar-Razzaq and Al-Wahhab: There is often confusion between the names Al-Wahhab (The Bestower) and Ar-Razzaq (The Provider).
3. Al-Wahhab contains the same root as the name Hiba, which means a gift. So, Al-Wahhab refers to Allah’s attribute of being the perpetual giver of gifts. It knows no bounds and requires no action from the receiver.
4. Now, rizq has multiple meanings; the first is of general sustenance. This refers to any physical or material wealth. It’s what has been allocated by the creator for you.
5. However, unlike a gift, effort must be applied to receive it. This encompasses the outward definition of rizq.
6. Rizq can also apply to inward sustenance – one that benefits your soul, your heart (emotional sustenance), your faith, and your health.
7. When you count on Allah’s سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ blessings, seek the rizq that will purify your soul, guide you, and increase your imaan for it is nobler.
8. The inward sustenance is ever-lasting, whereas material provision, although necessary, is only temporary.
Is your Rizq decreed?
1. It was Narrated Abdullah who recorded Allah’s Messenger ﷺ as saying, “…then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him.” m
2. If your rizq is decreed, why make du’a? This question is often asked, and it’s rather a good point.
3. Allah’s qadr (divine decree) is known only by Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ. We don’t know what was written, and as mentioned previously, to receive worldly rizq still requires genuine effort.
4. We simply don’t know; it could be after reading this, you make du’a asking from Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ, and He increases what has been portioned for you.
5. Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ had already known this as it was in your qadr. It was written, but you did not know.
6. So we proceed just as we would before, doing good deeds, making du’a, and putting our best foot forward. The rest is with Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ.
* At some biological level, we have this looming anxiety of not having enough.
* We’re afraid of losing our job, being unable to pay our bills, or not having enough to eat.
* We live with this constant anxiety and worry.
* The release can come from knowing Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is Ar-Razzaq.
* He is the best provider for all; there is not a single creature that Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ does not provide for.
* Since He is the only one who can give sustenance, we should seek it from Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ.
* Understanding this frees a person from the shackles of the influence of an unjust employer, dictator, or any kind of authority. People may be coerced to compromise their morals and resort to cheating and stealing to secure sustenance.
* But the one who knows Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ as Ar-Razzaq will avoid acting in this way as he knows the absolute authority is with Allah
* For those seeking tranquility, it is better to find contentment with that which Allah has already provided you.
* Whoever among you wakes up physically healthy, feeling safe and secure within himself, with food for the day, it is as if he acquired the whole world.
How we call upon Ar-Razzaaq ,The Provider
* O Allah, Ar-Razzaaq, we know that You are the one and only Provider.
* Ya Allah ,Ar Razzaq ! Make us of those who are content with Your provisions, guide us to work hard and use Your provisions wisely, and make us ponder them.
* Lead us to deeds that increase Your rizq and enter us into Your gardens by Your rahmah so we can enjoin the best of Your provisions, ameen!