Day 13: AL-MUSAWWIR
#Salma’s Blog #spirituality #spiritual writing #Reflective writing #meditation #ramadan2023, #“Resetting our Souls”
Ramadan Day 13: Resetting our Soul
AL-MUSAWWIR (The Flawless Shaper)The Fashioner, The Bestower of Form, The Shaper of Unique Beauty
* Allah is Al-Musawwir (in arabic: ٱلْمُصَوِّرُ), meaning He brings into existence whatever He wills and in whatever manner He wills it.
* He says, kun faya kun, “Be! and it is”. He is the fashioner of every creation and has given it a special form whereby it is distinguished.
* From the root sad-waw-ra (ص و ر), which has the following classical Arabic connotations: to make something incline, lean or bend towards, to form, fashion, sculpt, imagine or picture something, to have an inclination or desire towards something.
The names of creation:
* The three names of creation, Al-Khaliq (The Creator), Al-Bari (The Producer), and Al-Musawwir (The Fashioner). These names may seem synonymous with Allah’s ability to invent or create.
* But they are distinct names offering unique shades of meaning, bringing out different aspects to Allah’s creating of creation. For example, these three names are often said to represent an order to His creation. First, you have Al-Khaliq, The Creator. He who produces something from nothing, i.e., He plans and creates. Secondly, He is Al-Bari, The Producer – the one who initiates and brings into existence. Lastly, He is Al-Musawwir, The Fashioner – He organizes and shapes the arrangement of the creation.
* These verses and Allah’s names of creations are a reminder to us of how we should be grateful to Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ.
* You can read the benefits of knowing these names, as we already discussed in al-Khaliq and al-Bari. We can take with us a lesson from the life of Prophet Suleiman (as). Remember this as you read this next section, Allah سُبْحَٰنَهُۥ وَتَعَٰلَىٰ is the fashioner; he forms us unique and however, He pleases.
How to call upon Al-Musawwir ,The Fashioner
* O Allah, Al-Musawwir, we know that You are the One who forms the whole creation.
* Ya Allah ,You are Al Musawwir . Make us of the shaakireen (the grateful ones) for our own forms and the shapes around us.
* Ya Allah ! help us ponder on Your creations andmakee us turn to you for all our needs.
* Ta Musawwir’o Make us of those who use the blessings you gave us for good, and make us witness the beautiful shapes of Paradise, ameen!