Here is a new blog by Salma Haya; the famous Watermelon Mohabbat ka Sharbat.
You can subscribe to her facebook page “Salma Haya” to see the full recipe.
A famous Delhi street style drink made with Rooh Afza, milk, and watermelon. It’s the perfect drink for summertime and is ready in just 5 minutes!
Mohabbat ka Sharbat is a famous drink, originally sold by Nawab Qureshi, near Jama Masjid in Delhi, India. The drink has become so popular that it’s also sold in Pakistan.
Refreshing: Rooh Afza has cooling, refreshing properties and combined with watermelon, it’s the ultimate drink.
WHAT IS ROOH AFZA?
* Rooh Afza is a South Asian fruit and floral flavoured rose syrup made with rose water and kewra. It’s a mega-popular beverage enjoyed in all households across Pakistan and India. I use to buy this syrup in Canada all the time . It’s usually diluted with water. You can also squeeze lemon juice into it for a hint of tartness. It is a thirst quencher on hot summer days.
* It’s now available in Mauritus in Valentina mall. Called Haniya Trading co. It’s located at the back of the food court.
* After a whole day without food or water, it serves as a perfect drink to quench one’s thirst and get an instant hydration boost.
My version doesn’t include milk.
* seedless watermelon, diced
* coconut water(omit if you use milk instead )
* Juice of half a lemon or 1 lime, squeeze (don’t use if your using milk)
* sprig of mint (don’t use if your using milk)
* Rooh Afza (rose syrup) – 4-5 tbsp
* Salt (don’t use if your using milk)
* Black salt (don’t use if your using milk)
* Pepper powder (don’t use if your using milk)
* Ice cubes
* Chia/sabja seeds (soaked) – 2 tbsp or tookmaria seeds(basil seeds)
* Grated clear La mousse( agar agar jelly. In ramadan I make various flavours of clear agar agar . Grate it and store it in a jar in my fridge )